On Wednesday 4th August a serious incident occurred on the Grimshaws lake which resulted in a significant fire destroying a full set of fishing gear including bivvy - bed chair and all terminal gear etc.
The angler involved went to use the on-site toilet, on return the angler luckily stopped to talk to a fellow angler and whilst talking the fire occurred - he rushed to his fishing position only to see his full set of fishing equipment in flames and completely destroyed. At the time a Power Pack in the bivvy had been connected to a headset and bivvy light for recharging and batteries from the power pack were found 30 metres away from his fishing position.
If he had been in his Bivvy it is easy to see how he would have suffered serious injury or death.
This matter has now been referred to Trading Standards as to whether there is a potential problem with power pack charging equipment.
Note the Pride of Derbys ONLY interest in this issue is the safety of Anglers please be aware of this issue.